Direct to consumer electronic and print content sales from your website, made easy
Our Sheridan Connect offering is built on a platform that empowers you to reach your readers directly through internet-based ordering and online sales of printed and electronic books and journal anthologies. To ensure a pleasant shopping experience for your customers we create a branded eCommerce site that links seamlessly with your existing website. Sheridan hosts your eCommerce site and manages the shopping cart experience as well as payment processing – allowing you to focus on what you do best, creating and marketing your content.
Single Fulfillment Solution for both Print and Electronic Content
Sheridan Connect’s primary function is to catalog your available book and journal anthology products and offer them for sale in multiple formats such as eBooks, softcover, and hardcover. When a consumer makes a purchase, eBooks are made available instantly for download. Print orders can either be fulfilled from a traditional warehouse or produced on-demand by Sheridan and shipped directly to the consumer.
Easy. Empowering. Effective.
From administrative tools that allow you to instantly add titles and update pricing, to real time reporting and analytics showing consumer buying behavior, Sheridan Connect makes the process of selling content directly to consumers a breeze.
Here are but a few storefront features and benefits:
- Batch data uploading accommodates multiple title import and setup in your catalog
- Robust coupon tools help to create discounts and offers at the time of purchase
- Tiered pricing allows items to be sold at multiple price points (ex. reduced pricing and standard pricing)
- Attractive landing pages display title information with links to purchase
- Categorization, tagging, and enhanced search capabilities make your titles easy to find
- Print-on-demand integration allows for combined sales of electronic and print content
- Custom products, such as general merchandise and apparel, can be sold alongside your titles
- Order import process for administrators quickly and easily imports bulk orders
- Bulk ordering capability to easily fulfill multiple copy eBook orders that can then be distributed to students, colleagues, etc.
- Credit card clearing for secure and easy-to-navigate checkout and payment processing
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology to ensure your eBooks are restricted to authorized users only (ex. limit length of ownership, restrict the number of downloads, restrict use to a single consumer)
To view a short video highlighting the features of Sheridan Connect click here.
If you are looking to add eBook and/or print sales to your website and already have an established eCommerce solution, check out our Publisher Connect option.
Want to see real examples of the challenges publishers face and the solutions they employ when incorporating eBooks and eBook sales into their business? View our case studies: